Thursday, July 10, 2008

Called the Governor's Office Today

Corey took off with Josh last night, about 1:15 am, and they won't be back for about a week and a half. The computers are backup at the food stamp office, finally, after being down on Tuesday and Wednesday, and I find out that we have to send in Josh's ID, birth certificate, and soc card. The lady told me when we went down on the 25th of June that everything was there, that we could go home. I find out today that no, she didn't have everything. JOSH IS GONE FOR A WEEK AND A HALF, how am I supposed to get his stuff to them? They wouldn't take him off the case, either, unless I could give them an address of where he would be staying at. WTF??? I told her to take us all off and I would restart the whole thing, she said she couldn't do that. I told her thanks, and hung up. That is when I called the Governor's office and I was transferred to another lady, Ms. Dickson, who said she would have them look into it. Not sure what good that would do, but I told her I hadn't had any income since January, so I would have assumed that I would be able to get emergency food stamps. This is bullshit, pure and simple, and now I know that the rumor is true about getting people off food stamps so that company can keep more of the tax money they receive. They're doing it by just not doing anything at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home