Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Fw: Graduate project ideas

We chose numbers 2 and 3, combined, for a final project heading of Missionary Families: A Comparative Ethnographic Study of Evangelism Models

--- On Mon, 8/17/09, LorriAnne Rae Kump <lorrianne_rae_kump@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: LorriAnne Rae Kump <lorrianne_rae_kump@yahoo.com>
Subject: Graduate project ideas
To: lmspath@msn.com
Date: Monday, August 17, 2009, 12:50 PM

Dear Dr Spath,

I hope your trip to Israel went well, and that you are, or soon will be, back here in the States safe and sound.  I would like to pick up where we left off and find out what you think about some possible topics for my graduate project.  To refresh your memory, I'd like to do a graduate project about Bolivia, and the missionaries located there, for my Liberal Studies master's degree.  It already has the call number and so forth, and I will get that information to you as soon as I receive it. 

I will be leaving here in mid-September, with an estimated return date in mid-December, allowing me three months there (visas in Bolivia are good for 90 days) to collect information and data for my project.  Here are some project ideas that I've come up with:

1. Proselytizing or Evangelism: Protestant and Catholic Missionaries in Bolivia
2.
Ethnography of a Missionary Family
3. Helping Indigenous Peoples Beyond the Scope of Evangelism
4. NGOs, Governmental, and Private Individuals: How They Interact, Impede Each Other, and Benefit Their Target Populations When Combined


I'm interested in these about the same amount, but the second, the ethnography, would be the easiest, situationally.  Please let me know what your requirements will be for the final project.

I've relocated to Indianapolis to help a friend who is a breast cancer survivor and is finishing up her cancer treatment.  I can be reached at 317-964-3149, or through this email address.  The completion of her surgeries are scheduled for about a month before my departure date, 

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for me or questions regardng the project.

Sncerely,
LorriAnne Rae Kump
900056640




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home