Thursday, May 20, 2010

Went to the Shelter Last Night

This is the same,and yet,it is so different. They gave me the tour. The building hasn't changed at all, but they actually showed me the playground this time. It's been so long since I've been there, about 15 years, that I wasn't even in their records. I think that was a good thing, cause the last time I was here, they kicked me out when I wouldn't let the kids go to the zoo after the staff told me I couldn't go when they learned my ex worked for the city and was at the zoo on a regular basis dropping off wood chips from his job. I had told them I didn't have a picture of him for the staff, and with three of my kids, they were kind of hard to watch, if their Daddy showed up, he could grab the kids and walk off with them. Legally, there would be nothing the staff could do. And I knew that. When I told the staff this, that is when they kicked me and the kids out of there.

Tammy is here. She was here before, when I got kicked out. They weren't any nicer to her than what they were to me. This time, the staff all seem really nice. Some of the other women who are here seem really lost. My roommate has kids. The staff said I am in one of the moms' rooms, I won't have any single roommates at all. Only ones with kids.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home