Friday, March 22, 2013

A mama kitty has mastitis

One of the for mama kitties, Tidbit, has mastitis.  I'm treating her with Duramycin mixed in some canned gravy.  She loves it!  I have to give it to her when she is locked away in the bathroom, or the other cats steal it from her.  She's starting to feel a bit better, but that might have been the cabbage leaves I held on her tummy.  Cabbage leaves are a great natural way to reduce over-engorgement, which can both lead to mastitis, or be a symptom.  She actually let me hold the cabbage on her.  I'm not sure if it was because the leaves were cool, or if she could tell they were becoming less swelled up or what.  Maybe she just knows I'm a cat person.  I read several different websites that said she shouldn't nurse her kittens while she is dealing with this, so the other three mama kitties are nursing for her.  There's four mamas, and altogether, they had 14 kitties!  Even the first time mama is pitching in, and it helps that the kitties are old enough to start trying out solid food mixed with water.  I've also found that they all love cottage cheese.

She actually lets me put them on her.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home